Kawasan Falls Canyoneering
Canyoneering comes from the word Canyoning (canyoneering in the U.S. / kloofing in South-Africa / torrentismo in Italian). Canyoning is travelling in canyons using a variety of techniques that may include other outdoor activities such as walking, scrambling, climbing, jumping, abseiling (rappelling), and swimming.
Badian is a place located at South of Cebu Philippines. This place is famous for one of the most beautiful water falls in the country named Kawasan Falls. Kawasan Falls is a three-layered waterfall where both locals or foreigner guests comes often for its cold, fresh and beatutiful waters. But the most visited activity here in Badian, Kawasan falls is the canyoneering activity. The activity is full of jumping through cliffs as high as 50ft and a lot of swimming and wading through the river way through the kawasan water falls.
The Canyoneering starts with a briefing on what to do and what not to do. You must also gear up with life jackets, protetive helmet and shoes ( water or durable rubber shoes ). You will be given a tour guide. It will be best that you have to listen to the tour guide for safety measures. The tour guide will tell you where to jump, climb and where is not safe and how to easily maneuver your self through the journey. All of this you have to pay for about P1,500 pesos or less for Kawasan Falls Canyoneering.
TIPS for Kawasan Falls Canyoneering
- Do the Canyoneering from Alegria to Kawasan Falls ( Downstream Canyoneering ). Kawasan Falls swimming is great but much greater is the adventure of Canyoneering.
- Don’t try and do canyoneering alone. You must hire a certified tour guide for safety.
- Don’t rely to much of a dry bag, most often they leaked. There is too much impact, scraping on rocks and big drops to feel entirely confident in a dry bag.
- Wear grippy, comfortable and most importantly durable closed shoes or mountain climbing shoes or rubber shoes. There will be lots of climbing and lots of slippery rocks along the way during your Kawasan Falls Canyoneering.
- Bring with you some cash, since halfway along the Kawasan Falls Canyoneering trail there are food stands for snacks, just in case you might get hungry. Don’t fill yourself too much since you will be climbing more cliffs before you can reach Kawasan falls.
- Do the canyoneering in complete safety gear. Even if you are a good swimmer the life jacket would help you rest while wading or floating in rivers between jumps.
You can enjoy Kawasan Falls Canyoneering with your friends and family for an affordable rate. Just visit our site at http://cebuboholtraveltours.com/
For a complete list of all our package tours just visit our site at http://cebuboholtraveltours.com/
We also offer other tours, just click the links below:
- Oslob Whale-Tumalog-Kawasan Canyoneering
- Oslob Whale-Sumilon-Kawasan Canyoneering
- Oslob Whale-tumalog-Sumilon Island
- Oslob Whale-Tumalog-Simala
- Oslob Overnight Full Adventure
- Oslob Overnight Budget
Or just visit our site Cebu Bohol Travel and Tours.